Yes, when a car is scrapped, it is typically recorded by the Driver and Vehicle Licensing Agency (DVLA) in the United Kingdom. When you dispose of your car at an authorized treatment facility or scrapyard, they will provide you with a Certificate of Destruction (CoD), which confirms that your vehicle has been scrapped. This information is then shared with the DVLA, and they update their records accordingly. It’s important to ensure that you receive the CoD as proof that your vehicle has been properly disposed of and is no longer your responsibility.
Sample Description Sample Description